DAVID FRENCH - SCULPTOR
- David FrenchSculptor
- Originally taking the urban environmentand the City as my starting point of reference,
- I try to nurture visual sensations that one experiences with respect to this context.
- Making use of the casting process, I have attempted to articulate the simultaneous
- effect of both growth and decay within the city. I use my intuition during the mold-making
- process and the material concrete, itself, has become both subject and object of my art.
I have a bias toward making work that is placed out doors and am
- particularly versed in the concept of Site Specific Sculpture.
- I thrive on the Commission Process and I welcome new sites, both in and out of doors,
- which often call for new materials and consequently new ways of thinking.
For the past few years, I have also been involved in the Movie industry,
- and have made sculptural works for numerous music videos, commercials
and films. To see some of this work click on the link below:
RESIDES - LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA
TELEPHONE - 213 427 0145
1991-1992 MA-FINE ART
MANCHESTER METROPOLITAN UNIVERSITY
1987-1991 BA-FINE ART
1998 REACTION Private Commission for the Lehrer
residence, Belair, California.
1997 A New Perspective Site Specific Sculpture
commissioned by LBI International, Chatsworth, California.
1996 Fluke Commission for Mrs. Edie Waxenburg - Founder
Member of the Directors Forum of The Museum of Contemporary Art,
Los Angeles, California, and member of the Presidents Circle
of The Los Angeles County Museum of Art.
1996 Sculptural restoration of La Virgin Negrita Statuette of
Religiouse Significance to the Government of Costa Rica.
1994 The Will To Grow - Commissioned piece for
Santa Monica College, as part of residency.
1994 Binomial Expression and Hulmes Turn -
Sculptural installations for Manchester Royal Infirmary, Whitworth,
Manchester, England. Project Commissioned by Hospital Arts,
A nonprofit organization.
1993 Snake and Gateposts Public Play Sculptures
for children's playground in Bacup, County, Rossendale, Cheshire,
England. Project commissioned by Projects Environment,
a nonprofit environmentally conscious organization.
1992 Coventry Polytechnic, Coventry, England
1994 San Francisco State University, San Francisco, California
1994 Acadamy of Art College, San Francisco, California
1994 Santa Monica College, Santa Monica, California
1989 St. Margaret Mary's RC School, Moston, Manchester, England
1988 Eccles Hall School Norfolk, England
1994 Manchester Royal Infirmary, Solo Permanent Installation
1993 British Young Contemporaries, Group Show
1993 Manchester Public Arts Issue, Group Show
1992 Barons Court, Wilmslow Art Festival, Group Show
1992 Fresh Art London, Group Show
1992 Discovering Sculpture Whitworth Art Gallery, Manchester, Group Show
1991 Fresh Art London, Group Show